A letter or document is one individual’s written message to another person with some basic concern. It means any communication, which is enclosed in an envelope and addressed. These mails are used to connect with someone across the world not through internet.
These are two types and they are formal letters and informal letters. Even in today’s fast paced world, everyone is using to send messages by sms or WhatsApp or Email or etc for instant communication. But still traditional letters or documents are most useful, simple and straightforward for many reasons.
Actually a mail or post is a physical transporting system of sending postcards, letters, documents or parcels. These services are provided by both private and Government organizations. Now a day’s those services running by private organizations under government place restrictions are called courier services.
The way to mail a letter or document or parcels are given below:
Choose Envelope or Postcard
When mailing a letter we have to take utmost care by selecting right envelope. The envelope has to be taken according to the weight of the contents. And also the postage cost is depends on it size and shape. Just follow the below steps to choose an envelope.
- Envelopes must be flat and it is made of paper.
- If you sending heavy articles like photos or others then choose sturdy envelope.
- Envelope size is depends on the size of the contents, which you put inside.
- If you want to send cover letters then choose a professional looking or business size envelope.
- If you want to send personal notes then use a colorful or decorative envelope.
Now follow the below steps to determine the price of the envelope of postcard.
- Envelope or post card must in various shapes like rectangular or larger than letter size.
- The rate will vary according to the postal service and also size or shape of the content.
- Sometimes they will charge letter price or package price or flat rate or first class mail prices.
Address Your Mail (Clear Addressing)
After choosing the right envelope for your article, then place that inside and stick the edges of that envelope by glue. If you afraid that the letter might be open during journey, than place a small amount of packing tape along the edges of the seal.
Before sending a mail, check there is no prohibited and restricted items in that envelope. After that, write or print the destination address and source address clearly on the front at correct spots, so that your mail is delivered accurately on time.
Follow the below guidelines for address format of your mail for fast and accurate delivery across worldwide.
- Unclear addresses or wrong place written addresses are not delivered.
- Write address in uppercase or capital letters.
- Use pen or permanent marker, which are against the color (mostly dark color) of the envelope or parcel.
- Use hand writing or printed to recognize by postal employee easily and clearly.
- Write recipients and sender name or company name.
- Write apartment or house or building number.
- Street name, city, state, territory and country names correctly and clearly.
- Include the postal code.
- Don’t use commas or periods or hyphens.
- Place the correct postage on the top right corner.
Calculate and Apply Right Postage
The postage or stamp charges of the letter or postcard or document or parcel are depends on the size, weight and destination. After purchasing the required stamps, attach them at front side of the envelope. This will be attached at right corner. These stamp prices are increased periodically.
There are several things to consider before calculating a postage price, those are given below:
- Shape and size of the parcel.
- Depends on the destination.
- Speed of the parcel.
- Special handling and insurance charges.
- Extra charges like vat or surcharges.
- Letters mailed to overseas require extra postage.
Send Your Mail
After completing all the above steps like choosing an envelope, writing address clearly and apply right postage then it is very easy to send. Just by leave it or drop it at mail carrier box. You can also drop it off at any post office.
Advantages of Letters and Documents
Presently internet has made almost sending every message instantaneous. But still document or letter is more useful and popular. It is useful in sending important document like business, official documents, bank credit or debit cards, university applications, job applications and etc.
These are having the following advantages. They are given below:
- No special device is required to delivering a letter.
- It requires just a mailing address.
- We can use our own hand writing.
- We can send small or heavy weight physical objects.
- These are free from virus, malware and other harmful files attack.
- Efficient, speed, accurate and convenient.
- Flexible and have extensive coverage.